Friday, January 29, 2010

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure some people are screwing with me. I'm getting a few coming up to me, head cocked, "How are you today?" "You doing OK?" Some are genuinely nice people who are being very sweet. And I appreciate that.... others, I'm pretty sure are messing with me. They know are being nice, and know I have no defense for that. I'm better equipped for the jokes. My favorites so far are "Are you going to keep your brain bits in a jar on you desk so you can refer to them if you need to?" (no BTW, I asked, they won't let me keep them, I wanted to put them in a jar with wax lips on it) Someone else I work with wants to pay my neurosurgeon to etch his name in my brain so I can always say "I was just thinking about you..." I think more so he wants to patent the first ever brain tattoo, he's thinking once Britney Spears hears about it, he'll be rich when it catches on.
By far my most favorite comment has come from someone who has never let me down with the quick responses. I walked into the trade room and asked him for something to which he asked "are you in your right mind?" and I replied "well its not so much a matter of right or left as it is top or bottom" a few minutes later he asked how long I'd be out with the surgery, and I told him that I was told me up to eight weeks, but when I saw the Dr. that week, he said I could be back to work as early as two. So without skipping a beat he said "What, did he realize it was your brain so this is a minor surgery?" I had to agree. there was nothing else I could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment