Tuesday, February 2, 2010



I don't get up in the middle of the night to pee, its too scary; there is an obstacle course I can't run in the dark.  Now, mind you I can sit on my side of the bed, stand up, take three steps forward (forward is the key word) and I'm in the bathroom.  Keep that in mind, because I have laid in bed many nights thinking I'd rather hold it than chance trying to get to the door.  
For a long time I thought the wall moved, I'd aim straight the door would move, I'd adjust to where ever the door would be at the moment only to miss - and miss hard.  Most times I look like a pinball trying to get through the door.  I bounce off the wall, then ricochet and hit the door frame where I'd bounce back and hit the door, which to my horror at that moment moves!  so I feel like I'm falling all over again.  I reach out, arms flailing and try to grab something.  Anything.  I usually grab something that opens like the shower door which is no help or I manage to get the doorframe, but my fingers fail to grip and I fall against the wall.  Doug usually sleeps through this, although HOW I don't know, because its usually accompanied by my swearing loudly.
I have decided, however, that the wall does not move, one of two things are going on.  I always get pulled to the right which is north.  Either its the magnetic north pulling me that way or maybe I'm the one person on Earth who can feel the planet's rotation.  Both have strong arguments, the latter would explain how I walk during the waking hours.  
I had a little better luck this morning.  I waited until it was almost light out, I sat on the end of the bet to devise a plan, would I use the left, right, left?  or right left right?  I stood up and whatever I had decided to do, my feet did not get the message.  I stumbled to the right and before I could stop myself, I hit the wall - dead center.  my left arm was able to wrap around the door frame and let me gather myself before I tried again.  I pulled myself off the wall, and tried to figure out how I was going to explain the teeth marks in the wall to Doug.  He tries to pretend to sleep through this, but I'm sure he's awake laughing or wanting to take a breathalyzer. 
This is too much work for three steps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment