Sunday, January 24, 2010

I get headaches

I have created this blog to keep family and friends updated on my surgery, and to give me something to do when I am home. I don't know what to expect yet, but my surgery date is March 8, 2010.
I'm really nervous, but excited for the chance to live a more normal life. I do believe you need humor to get thru things. if I sound like I'm not taking this seriously, I assure you I am. But you have to find some of this funny. Soooo, I can worry, or I can vent here, and crack a joke or two. For 30 years I thought I was normal, just a wuss. I thought everyone got a "flash headache" from coughing or sneezing. I knew I blacked out sometimes, but thought I was just quarky. I thought everyone got queasy from turning their head or standing up, so I didn't say anything. Coordination was never my thing, but again, I thought I was normal, just a little off. Now I know why.
I'll try to keep everyone posted on my progress, and the day of my decompression Doug will post how it went here. This will also keep him from having to call so many people and let him concentrate on me more... :) haha
I don't know how often I will keep up with this before the surgery, but I'm sure I'll play with it some. If anything major happens, or there is any news, I'll post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment